Tuesday 6 October 2015

Today is a beautiful day to feel okay

Procrastinating fiercely today I came across this really quite lovely quote. It stems from a Facebook page I follow which is run by an anonymous cartoonist.


First reaction when I read this post, I laughed. So many of his posts are funny (I recommend you check them out, link here) but on closer inspection so many are also underlined with a message of positivity. And the more I looked at this post, the more I realised that there was something really wonderful about it.

I have no trouble admitting, most who know me personally will already be aware, that I struggle with an anxiety disorder. It can be incredibly ugly: I push away those I love the most because I don't feel worthy of their affection and sometimes it feels like I will be stuck in a rut of self doubt for the rest of my life. It is something that over the last year or two I have learned to accept as a peculiar kind of life companion; some days I am strong, some days I am not. And that, I think, is what I loved so much about this particular post.

'Today is a beautiful day to feel okay'. I, like so many others, constantly strive for happiness, to feel like I have beaten my anxiety disorder, but the reality is that can't always be an option. One thing that is an option is to look for the 'okay' even on the darkest of days.

I am feeling okay because I have a cup of tea in my hand and the sky outside is a beautiful colour.

How about you?

With love,

Kati

1 comment:

  1. Kati I love this so much! So cute and just what I need! xxx

    ReplyDelete